Charles Duffy focuses his practice on corporate and business law, mergers and acquisitions, private equity finance and commercial transactions. He began his practice in 1990 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania focusing on mergers and acquisitions and private equity finance. In 1998 he relocated to South Florida. While in Florida he has worked for a large national law firm and as General Counsel for a pharmaceutical drug manufacturing company. Having worked in both in-house and in private practice allows Mr. Duffy to bring a strong business perspective to his client’s projects. He has and continues to advise his clients on corporate transactional matters spanning from the pharmaceutical industry to internet/e-Commerce technologies.
Areas of Practice
- Corporate and Business Law
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Private Equity Finance
- Pharmaceutical Drug Manufacturing
- Technology and Computer Law
- Environmental Services
- Represented a Fort Lauderdale based food delivery company in connection with their first round of equity financing
- Negotiated the sale of two privately held OTC pharmaceutical drug manufacturing companies to an Arizona-based publicly traded company
- Represented a Florida greenhouse gas credit aggregator in obtaining $8 million in funding from a New York investor and negotiated a greenhouse gas supply agreement with an Iowa farm conglomerate
- Represented a wholly owned subsidiary of a large Florida public utility in connection with a $250 million loan secured with in excess of 500 parcels located in Florida, the Gulf of Mexico, Alabama and Mississippi
- Assisted an experienced pharmaceutical industry executive in the start-up of two new pharmaceutical drug manufacturing companies in South Florida
- Represented a marketing industry professional in connection with his acquisition of a minority interest in Fort Lauderdale, Florida based marketing company
- Coordinated the sale of a 25% interest in a Florida based hyperbaric chamber manufacturer to a UK based venture capital investor
- Acted as counsel to a NFL Hall of Fame running back when he purchased, in a bankruptcy court approved sale, a sausage manufacturing facility in Baltimore, Maryland.
- Represented a Connecticut hedge fund in connection with their investment in a Bolivian telecom company
- Represented a national waste disposal company in connection with the establishment of a program that rewards participants for recycling with both the retail and community rewards
- Negotiated a contract with Midland, Texas engineering company for the design, construction and start-up of a methane gas collection system for a Pennsylvania public utility
- Duquesne University, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, 1990, J.D.
- University of Notre Dame, London, England, Summer Law Program, 1988
- Duquesne University, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, 1987, B.S.B.A.
- Member of the Development Committee for Jack & Jill Children’s Center, 2015-Current
- Co-chairman of the Symphony of the Americas – Annual Wines of the World Event 2011-2012; Member of the Annual Wines of the World Event Host Committee 2007-2012
- Member of the Finance Committee of the Florida Grand Opera 2003-2008; Member of the Board of Directors of the Florida Grand Opera 1999-2008