Adam Eric Richards focuses his practice in all aspects of construction law, including transactional work, litigation, and dispute resolution services. Prior to joining the firm, Adam managed the construction claims and litigation practice for the Miami office of a regional defense firm, representing owners, design professionals, and contractors. In addition, Adam has served as General Counsel and Vice President of Operations for the largest residential roofing contractor in Miami-Dade County where he negotiated contracts and spearheaded federal and state compliance efforts, while training employees, mitigating risk and maximizing net income. Adam’s representative clients include an international general contractor, as well as a number of regional and local participants in the construction industry.
Adam also has experience in the areas of commercial and business litigation, including environmental and toxic tort claims, and has defended a multitude of national manufacturers and suppliers in asbestos litigation. Through this varied experience, he has also developed transactional proficiency in commercial and residential construction and real estate matters, mergers and acquisitions, as well as business entity formation, management and dissolution, which informs his strategy in problem solving.
Areas of Practice
- Commercial and Business Litigation
- Florida Bar, 2010
- United States District Court, Southern District of Florida, 2013
- United States District Court, Middle District of Florida, 2013
- University of Miami School of Law, Coral Gables, Florida, J.D. (cum laude, top 17%), 2010
- SUNY at Binghamton, New York, B.A. (cum laude), 2007
- Adam’s most recent article on a critical construction indemnity statute in Florida appears in the CLM’s Construction Claims magazine (Summer 2017) titled “The Best Indemnity Party Ever. A rarely used and often misused Florida construction statute entitles a party to indemnity for damages caused by that party’s own negligence.”
- Adam was recently named as a 2019 Rising Star in the Miami Edition of Attorney At Law Magazine, Vol. 8, No. 1.