Marc Faust is a Founding Member of Katz Barron, and is Of Counsel in the firm’s Real Estate Group, representing national and local developers, owners, retailers, tenants, brokers and managers of shopping centers, office and apartment buildings and senior living facilities.
Marc is AV peer rated and has served as lead counsel in complex real estate transactions, which has included acting as lead counsel for Lowe’s Home Centers in connection with the development and expansion of Lowe’s Home Centers throughout the State of Florida. Marc serves as general counsel to The Palace Group respecting the development and operation of senior living facilities by The Palace Group, who has been recognized as the owner/operator of the best senior living facilities in the United States. Marc also represents and counsels national title insurance companies in the defense and resolution of complex title insurance issues and claims.
Areas of Practice
- Real Estate Development and Finance
- Commercial Leasing
- Title Insurance
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- University of Miami School of Law , Coral Gables, Florida, J.D., (Cum Laude) 1977
- Honors: University of Miami Law Review, Articles and Comments Editor, 1976-1977
- Wig and Robe Honor Society
- Recipient, American Jurisprudence Award in Real Property Law
- University of Rochester, Rochester, New York, B.A. (Cum Laude), 1974
Awards and Recognition
- AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Selected by “Florida Super Lawyers”, 2006 – 2015
- Listed in “Best Lawyers in America”, 2008 – 2019
- Listed among Florida Trend’s Legal Elite, 2012 – current
- Selected by South Florida Legal Guide, “Top Lawyer”, 2006 – 2019
Professional Associations and Memberships
- The Florida Bar (Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Sections)
- American Bar Association (Real Property Law Sections)
- International Council of Shopping Centers
- Fidelity National Commercial Real Estate Council
- Coral Gables Chamber of Commerce
- “Control Lease Pass-Thrus”, Smart Business, October, 2008
- “Antitrust Violation as a Defense to Breach of Contract: An Expanded Policy Analysis,” 30 University of Miami Law Review 1053, 1976.
- “The Innocent Spouse Provisions of the Internal Revenue Code: In Search of Equity,” 32 University of Miami Law Review 137, 1977; reprinted in Monthly Digest Tax Articles, 1978.