Simon Lassel joined Katz Barron in 2022. He is a member of the firm’s Litigation Department with over nine years of experience. Simon has handled a broad range of litigation matters from state and federal cases, to appeals. His litigation experience ranges from arbitrations and non-jury bench trial to complex multi-party interstate actions.
Simon’s experience is focused on complex commercial and civil matters, including partnership disputes, contract disputes, employment law, class action, corporate officer advancement/indemnification, construction litigation, negligence claims, and various other real estate and business-related disputes.
Areas of Practice
- Complex and General Commercial Litigation
- Construction Litigation
- Class Action
- Non-competition Agreements and Unfair Competition Disputes
- Personal Injury and Wrongful Death
- Lead trial counsel defending breaches of operating agreement, contract and derivate claims with ruling in favor of clients following a two-day non-jury trial;
- Trial counsel for multiple AAA arbitration claims pertaining to broker breach of fiduciary duty claims with total awards exceeding $2,500,000 following five-day final hearings with three-member panels;
- Trial counsel for class action lawsuit for failure to return pre-paid ticket expenses following COVID-19 cancelations providing full refunds to all class members; and
- Lead trial counsel for wrongful breach of lease agreement providing judgment in excess of $50,000 following jury trial.
- Off Lease Only, Inc., v. LeJeune Auto Wholesale, Inc., 187 So. 3d 868 (Fla. 3rd DCA 2016);
- Bank of America v. Cadet, 183 So. 3d 477 (Fla. 3rd DCA 2016);
- Nationstar v. Craig, 193 So. 3d 74 (Fla. 3rd DCA 2016); and
- Fannie Mae v. Linares, 202 So. 3d 886 (Fla. 3rd DCA 2016).
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida; and
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida.
- Nova Southeastern School of Law, Davie, Florida, 2012
- Temple University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 2005, B.A.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Miami-Dade County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- The Association of Trial Lawyers of America